qemu-devel

QEMU Virtio GPU features status & roadmap?

From: Hans de Ruiter
Subject: QEMU Virtio GPU features status & roadmap?
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 00:48:00 +0000

Hi,

I'm working on Virtio GPU drivers for AmigaOS, and would like to know what features are currently stable enough to use. Looking at the master QEMU branch, both Virgl and blob resources are supported, but NOT at the same time. Is the ability to use both simultaneously coming soon?

Also, what's the state of Venus/Vulkan support? Surveying various forks/branches, it looks very experimental and subject to change.

I have the added difficulty that the AmigaOS Picasso96 driver API expects direct CPU access to all of VRAM, and likes to peek/poke directly into the bitmaps. That's clearly not possible without blob resources, or shared memory (not entirely sure what the shared memory feature is for). This is why I want to know what features are stable or coming soon.

regards,
Hans