qemu-devel

Consulting to create fake object under tests/qtest

From: Arvin Lin
Subject: Consulting to create fake object under tests/qtest
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 10:22:27 -0800

Hello qtest maintainers,

I work on QEMU with Patrick Venture, Hao Wu, and Titus Rwantare at Google, and I am developing a Nuvoton USB device controller model that uses usbredir parser (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/usbredir/-/tree/main/usbredirparser?ref_type=heads) to redirect USB messages over the network. I want to create a qtest to verify the behavior of the device over the network by starting another usbredir parser object to ingest the packets sent by the Nuvoton USB device controller model. While I could create a fake usbredir parser object and set up the tests all in one file, I'm wondering if I could create a new file (maybe fake-usbredir-guest.h) under qtest for the fake usbredir parser object. The separation of the fake object and the device model test would benefit the maintainability of the device model test code and allow any future remote USB device model to reuse the fake object.

Thanks,
Arvin