[Savannah-hackers] submission of MuPAD mode for emacs - savannah.gnu.org

From: nthiery
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of MuPAD mode for emacs - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 05:40:40 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Nicolas M. ThiƩry <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: MuPAD mode for emacs
System name: mupacs
Type: GNU

mupacs is a lisp mode which provides support for editing MuPAD code (automatic
indentation,
fontification, ...)
It does not requires MuPAD, though it allows, as an option, to run MuPAD in a
subshell.

http://www-gat.univ-lille1.fr/~ramare/ServeurPerso/MuPADCombined/PageMuPAD.html

It\'s currently used by about 10 persons, but a much larger audience (in
particular among
students) is indented soon. It will be distributed under GPL. Ideally, we would
like to have
it eventually included in the emacs distribution. If you think this should
become a GNU project
we would be glad to do that.

Some notes about MuPAD and free software:

MuPAD is a computer algebra system (www.mupad.de). The library of MuPAD is being
released under a free software license, but the kernel is still closed. This may
evolve in the future, since some people are starting to work on a clone of the
kernel under a free software license.

Other Software Required:
emacs ? :-) (I have seen many GNU/Linux boxes without it ...)

Other Comments: