Re: [Swftools-common] using swfcombine to merge a swf to a background

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] using swfcombine to merge a swf to a background
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:16:41 +0100

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 02:41:26PM +0200, Dave Zuin wrote:
> > I have a background (map.swf) which is only 1 frame and an overlay.swf
> which
> > is a transparent swf with 10 frames.
> >
> > my goal is to show the overlay.swf on map.swf, and off course the map.swf
> > should be vissible during all 10 frames of overlay.swf
> Ok it was to difficult for me to do with swfc, So i guess i need some help
> with that.

It's actually quite easy:

.swf name="result.swf"
    .shape overlay "overlay.swf"
    .shape background "map.swf"
    .frame 0
    .put background
    .put overlay
    .frame 10
.end

Put this into a file, and then run "swfc <filename>".

If "map.swf" needs a specific SWF background color to display properly,
with the newer versions of swfc (from CVS) you can also do:

.swf background=#ffffff name="result.swf"

or (in this case) simply

.swf background=white name="result.swf"

If map.swf is something converted from jpeg or png, you won't need that,
though.

Hope that helps,