Shifting the image on the page.

From: Bob Camp
Subject: Shifting the image on the page.
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:23:57 GMT

Hi Folks

When printing with a2ps: The image appears to be some 15mm (5/8") too low
on the page, resulting in part of the printed border being masked off.

I have looked in the manual but have not found any obvious way to move the
image.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to fix this problem, or indeed how
to solve the problem?

Many thanks.

The details:

I use a gs filter to print on a Canon LBP-8mkiii laser printer, using A4
paper.  Printing from other programs (ie emacs and acroread) gives
correctly positioned output.  Also; ps output from a2ps as viewed with
ghostview appears to be correct.

> a2ps --list defaults

Configuration status of a2ps 4.10.1
Sheets:
  default paper         = A4
  layout per page       = 2 x 1 (landscape, rows first)
  borders               = yes
  compact mode          = no
  inside margin         = 0
Virtual pages:
  number lines          = no
  format                = 80 characters per line
  tabulation size       = 8
  non printable format  = caret (i.e., `^C', `M-^C' etc.)
Headers:
  header              = %a
  left footer         = #?l!%E!#?v|%E|%s./%s#|!
  footer              = #?l|#!s-$f-, -||
  right footer        = #?l!%s./%s#!#?v|%s./%s#|%E|!
  left title          = #?2||$e $T|
  center title        = #?1|$t1|$n|
  right title         = #?2|$t2|$Q|
  under lay           =
Input:
  truncate lines        = no
  interpret             = yes
  end of line           = any type
  default encoding      = ISO-8859-1
  document title        = #10!f|$n|, |
  default prologue      = bw
  print anyway          = no
  delegating            = yes
Pretty-printing:
  style sheet           = selected automatically
  highlight level       = normal
  strip level           = 0
Output:
  destination             = sent to the default printer
  version control         = numbered backups of files already numbered,
                            and simple of others
  backup suffix           = ~
PostScript:
  magic number              = %!PS-Adobe-3.0
  Printer Description (PPD) = selected automatically
  default PPD               = level1
  page label format         = #{pl.short}
  number of copies          = 1
  sides per sheet           = 1