printing Russian -- revised

From: Alexey Koptsevich
Subject: printing Russian -- revised
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:03:10 +0300 (MSK)

Sorry, revised version of the same question:

I am not able to realize how to print Russian text files with a2ps.
I have Russian PS fonts, I have added them following instructions found in
Sec. "5.3.3 Adding More Font Support" of the manual:
- added directory to the AppendLibraryPath
- run /usr/local/share/a2ps/afm/make_fonts_map.sh -- new fonts appeared
- replaced old fonts.map with the new one
- replaced names of the old fonts in encoding/koi8.edf by the new fonts I
  have installed

Now I try to print Russian text file in koi8 via the following command:

cat o.tex | a2ps -o o.ps -X koi8 | gv -arguments -dNOPLATFONTS o.ps

But I am replied: "a2ps: `stdin' is a binary file, printing aborted"!
Of course Russian text files are "binary"! Sould I use another koi8.edf?
How can I fix the problem?

Please cc: me your reply.

Thanks,
Alex