RE: question about a2ps --title

From: Joachim Backes
Subject: RE: question about a2ps --title
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:08:54 +0100 (CET)

On 15-Feb-2001 Larry W. Virden wrote:
>  Do other people find that with a2ps, v4.13, that the --title argument
>  puts the value provided on the banner page of your output?
>
>  I am not finding this to be the case - in fact, the string provided to
>  the title argument doesn't show up on the banner page, on the header, or
>  in the lpq queue output - so as far as I can tell, it is being ignored...
>
>  The command I am running is
>
>  $ a2ps -v --title=Joe /etc/motd
>  [/etc/motd (plain): 1 page on 1 sheet]
>  request id is post26-261 (1 file)

Hi, Larry,

the --title option generates a line in the output postscript code,
for example:

        some command|a2ps --title=xxxxx --output=yyyyy

generates a PS file starting with:

        %!PS-Adobe-3.0
        %%Title: xxxxx

I think, it depends on the choosen printer what happens with the %%Title line.

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <address@hidden>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438