Re: How debug font prob with a2ps/Ghostscript?! :(

From: Dr. Christian Seberino
Subject: Re: How debug font prob with a2ps/Ghostscript?! :(
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:47:46 -0700

Alex,

Thanks for the reply!  I am happy because
I discovered that gs -h tells you where
fonts *should* be and you just have to
untar some fonts into that directory!
Now a2ps/Ghostscript works and I am happy.
There was *NO* problem with a2ps ouput,
just my Ghostscript setup.
Thanks again for your help.

Say, by the way, do you ever use
Ghostscript automagically with lpr
and a2ps? (especially
if you have a non-Postscript printer)?
Ghostscript always wants to enter
an interactive mode after it works
and make you do a Ctrl-C to exit.
Since /etc/printcap only lets you
specify the path to a filter with
if=<path>, I don't see how to set up
lpr to understand the whole house of
cards necessary to make printing work.
(i.e. pipe a2ps output to ghostscript to lpr
and exit automatically, etc.)

Once again thanks a million,

Christian Seberino
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 09:18:04AM -0400, Alex wrote:
> Dear Dr. Seberino,
>
> Please send me the PS file generated by a2ps.
>
> Regards,
> Alex Cherepanov

Dr. Christian Seberino  ||
SPAWARSYSCEN D73C       ||
53560 HULL ST           || (619) 553-2564
SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || address@hidden