Re: How use a2ps and/or Ghostscript with Netscape?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: How use a2ps and/or Ghostscript with Netscape?
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 08:08:05 -0400 (EDT)

It seems unlikely that raw html is sent to the printer, since the printer
would then only print HTML and not formatted code.

If you substituted cat > /tmp/hold for the lpr in your netscape print
dialog, then the file /tmp/hold, after you did 1 print, would contain
what Netscape sends (which _I_ would assume is PostScript).  I've found
a2ps to be less helpful manipulating PostScript files, purely because of
the complexity of the code typically generated in PostScript files.
--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>