Help with multiple pages, borders, and internal margins

From: Eli
Subject: Help with multiple pages, borders, and internal margins
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:10:35 -0500

All,

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me.
I've looked through the man page, the FAQ, google search, etc., so now I'm
going to bother the list.  ;)

I'm trying to take a text file and print 4 pages on 1 Letter sized sheet.
But I want the pages to be approx 4.5x3.5in, and have a border of that size,
with a left margin within that border of approx .5in.

I have gotten close; I can get a2ps to fill boxes of the right size with text
and pstops to arrange 4 of those onto a letter sheet.  However, there is not
a .5in margin inside the border drawn around each page.

Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this or pointers to something in
the documentation that I've missed?

TIA, :)

Eli
Eli Carter      \