Watermark suggestion and an antiword tip

From: marco
Subject: Watermark suggestion and an antiword tip
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:46:21 -0500

Hi All,

I'd like to make a suggestion to the a2ps developers:
currently the darkness of the underlay (watermark)
text is hard-coded to be 0.97 (at least in a2ps v. 4.13)
within the a2ps.hdr file:

.97 setgray

Unfortunately, this darkness varies widely amongst printers,
making this inconvenient in an environment where many
printers are used. My suggestion is to make this parameter
tunable by the user, perhaps via some command line option
such as --setgray=##.

In other news, here is the way we are currently handling
the printing/viewing (with "display") of MS Word files
(in our a2ps-site.cfg):

########## MS WORD
Variable: del.a2ps4word\
 a2ps --rows=1 --columns=1 --borders=no -R -B \
      -b"WARNING: Word document approximation!" \
      #?p|-a#p|| #?V|-v2|-q| -o-

# See: http://www.winfield.demon.nl/index.html
Delegation:  antiword msword:ps\
        antiword '$f' | #{del.a2ps4word}

where we have put:

# MS Word file:
msword: /*.doc/
        <Microsoft*>

in our sheets.map file. Perhaps someone might find this useful...

Cheers,

--
address@hidden
Gunnm: Broken Angel