Re: Akim Demaille

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Akim Demaille
Date: 14 Dec 2001 18:34:30 +0100

>>>>> "Edward" == Edward Arthur <address@hidden> writes:

Edward> Miguel, There seems to be no one running the 'a2ps show'
Edward> anymore.  Do you know what has happened to Akim?

Hi Edward,

He is still alive, but has way too little time to devote to a2ps.
Currently I'm working on a book for O'Reilly, and have new lectures to
prepare (I'm now a teacher).  Autoconf and Bison also take a lot of my
time.

My plan is to come back to a2ps during 2002.  As soon as I can, I
release an updated 4.13 with the new sheets, delegations and so on.
Then I try to make a release out of the a2ps I have at home, which has
been dormant for years now, but has significant improvements over
4.13.  But it's not really ready yet.

I wish I could spend more time on cleaning it up too.

*Then*, I push it onto subversions.gnu.org, and move towards a more
open development scheme.  In a medium term, I would like to have
co-maintainers: I cannot continue all alone.