Need help with bold face and HP PCL

From: Zoong PHAM
Subject: Need help with bold face and HP PCL
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:43:34 +1100

I have a text file that I need to convert to PDF.
I use a2ps to convert the file to PostScript then use ps2pdf to
convert to PDF.
So far the conversion is working.

A small problem is the text file has some lines start with (s3B^M
and end with (s0B. These 2 are the HP PCL sequences for turn on and
turn off bolding, respectively.
I need to have the lines in bold face in PDF.

The result PostScript and PDF files don't have the lines in bold face.

I played with style sheet (followed the section 7.7 A Tutorial
on Style sheets of the Manual) without success.
And the PostScript and PDF files still don't have the lines in bold
face. The HP PCL sequences are printed literally.

Here is my style sheet:
   alphadev> cat /usr/local/share/a2ps/sheets/iba.ssh
   # This is a style sheets for  report
   # that handle bold strings.
   #
   style iba is
   written by "Zoong PHAM (MHAC) <address@hidden>"
   version is 1.0
   requires a2ps 4.9.5

   documentation is
      "Second level of high lighting covers emails."
      "high lighting (bold)  report strings between ^[(s3B^M and ^[(s0B
markers."
   end documentation

   sequences are
     "(s3B" Plain Label_strong "(s0B" Plain
   end sequences

   sequences are
     "ZOONGSTART" Plain Label_strong "ZOONGEND" Plain
   end sequences

   end style

I carefully edited the above file to make sure ^[ is escape character.

And here is the entry in my sheets.map file
   alphadev> grep -i iba /usr/local/share/a2ps/sheets/sheets.map
   #  reports
   *iba*                iba

And here is a sample of my input text file:
C810      Oncost Per Bedday                            0.00           0.00
     0.00           0.00
      0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00
 0.00           0.0
(s3B^Mthis is a test for Zoong(s0B
(s3Bthis is a test for Zoong(s0B
ZOONGSTARTthis is a test for ZoongZOOGNEND can you see this
"this is a test for Zoong"
(s3B
56699      Total Government Grants - Other        (80,675.23)          0.00
      0.00           0
.00           0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00
         0.00           0.0
(s0B
(s3B
56999      Total Grants                           (80,675.23)          0.00
      0.00           0
.00           0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00           0.00
         0.00           0.0
(s0B

The a2ps version is 4.13
The OS is Tru64 V5.1

Any help would be very appreciated.
--
Zoong PHAM                 UNIX Systems Administrator
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc. Melbourne - Australia