joining multiple EPS files

From: Mike Kordosky
Subject: joining multiple EPS files
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:16:52 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I use a2ps 4.13 on a linux pc.

I often use a2ps to take an existing, multi-page, ps file and print it "2
up" or "4 up".  I works great.  I'd like to do the same thing with EPS
files.  That is, I have a 3 eps files (all with the same size figure)
and I'd like the program to array the 3 figures in a column on a single
page.  Here is what I tried:

address@hidden pub]$ a2ps --columns=1 --rows=3 --portrait -A 1 -o
frac_accept_t11.ps frac_accept_*_t11.eps
[frac_accept_electron_t11.eps (ps, delegated to PsNup): 1 page on 1 sheet]
[frac_accept_pion_t11.eps (ps, delegated to PsNup): 1 page on 1 sheet]
[frac_accept_proton_t11.eps (ps, delegated to PsNup): 1 page on 1 sheet]
[Total: 0 pages on 0 sheets] saved into the file `frac_accept_t11.ps'

The output is 1 figure/page and without successive page numbers when I
look at it using gv.  It doesn't print as a single page.  I've tried using
psmerge to merge the eps files into one file prior to calling a2ps.  That
doesn't seem to help.  I've also tried using a program called epsmerge.
That program almost does the right thing, but the individual figures are
much too small, leaving lots of whitespace on the page, and I cannot seem
to change their size.

Does anyone know how to use a2ps to do what I want?  Does anyone know of
another program which will do it?

I'm not a member of the mailing list, so you'd have to reply directly.

Regards,

Mike Kordosky

--
Graduate Research Assistant  // High Energy Physics Lab
address@hidden     // University of Texas at Austin