Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: HTML to PS: No netscape here
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:38:33 -0700

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 09:28:32PM -0700, TBlittlefoot wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:25:36PM -0700, TBlittlefoot wrote:
> > May as well jump right in...
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > No problem here with ascii to ps, but I don't have netscape
> > and making netscape a symlink to mozilla didn't work:
> >
> > $ a2ps -o sa.ps Stoneage.html
> > [Stoneage.html (html, delegated to Netscape): 1 page on 1 sheet]
> > [Total: 0 pages on 0 sheets] saved into the file `sa.ps'
> >
> > Any clues? I'm reading the manual and learning a lot, but I really
> > need to print that html file (I'll be sending it by email to a remote
> > printer)
> >
> > (running debian linux here)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Tom
> >

> Okay. I've got a handle on the escapes, and just want to use w3m
> to delegate the pre-processing of non-graphical html, but I can't make it
> work.
>
> I've set NETSCAPE to /usr/bin/w3m and exported (/etc/profile) it and made
> /etc/a2ps.cfg read:
>
> ${NETSCAPE:-w3m} '$f'
>
> (w3m accepts relative paths)
>
> but it still isn't working.
>
> Help!
>
> :-)
>
> Tom

Real progress here.

Delegation: Netscape html:ps  \
    ${NETSCAPE:-w3m} '$f' \
  #{del.psselect} | #{del.psnup}

seems to work, with NETSCAPE pointed to w3m

But I can't a2ps to print html as anything but
the original source because:

$ a2ps -o sa.ps  Stoneage.html --pretty-print=[html] -Z
a2ps: cannot find file `[html].ssh'
a2ps: cannot find style sheet `[html]': using plain style
[Stoneage.html (plain): 18 pages on 9 sheets]
[Total: 18 pages on 9 sheets] saved into the file `sa.ps'
[1001 lines wrapped]

html.ssh is just where its supposed to be in /usr/share/a2ps/sheets

where the LibraryPath says they should be.

????

Anyone home yet?

I am learning a lot about a2ps, but still need help.

Great program!

Tom

--
    PLEASE mail me in PLAIN TEXT ----------- THANK YOU