a2ps-4.14-rc1 on HP-UX 11.11

From: Paul Ackersviller
Subject: a2ps-4.14-rc1 on HP-UX 11.11
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 19:44:10 +0000

Here are a few problems I've run across so far in building a2ps-4.14-rc1
on HP-UX 11.11.  Firstly, there seems to be a requirement for GNU make
that 4.13 didn't have, here's the error:

Making all in m4
No suffix list.
        sed -e "address@hidden@#/usr/local/share/ogonkify#g" ogonkify.in >
ogonkify-t
        chmod +x ogonkify-t
        mv ogonkify-t ogonkify
Make: Don't know how to make pcrr-o.afm.  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

This error only happens after freshly unpacking the tarball, not again
after doing gnumake distclean; gnumake.

Getting past this brings me to:

cpp: "strtoimax.c", line 59: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro strtoimax.
cc: "strtoimax.c", line 39: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "this configure-time
declaration test was not run".
gnumake[3]: *** [strtoumax.lo] Error 1
gnumake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/.src/a2ps-4.14/lib'

Lastly, a question.  I get a warning about not having gzip, although I
do have bzip2 in my PATH.  I'm not sure what a2ps all does with gzip,
but shouldn't there be a way to use bzip2 in its place?