Re: a2ps-4.14-rc1 on HP-UX 11.11

From: Masayuki Hatta
Subject: Re: a2ps-4.14-rc1 on HP-UX 11.11
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 09:35:05 +0900

Hi,

> > > cpp: "strtoimax.c", line 59: warning 2001: Redefinition of macro
> > > strtoimax.
> > > cc: "strtoimax.c", line 39: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "this
> > > configure-time declaration test was not run".
> > > gnumake[3]: *** [strtoumax.lo] Error 1
> > > gnumake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/.src/a2ps-4.14/lib'
> >
> > This error should never happen.  Could you try this, too?  And if it
> > doesn't work, please send me config.h.

> Sorry, no luck with the second patch either, so my config.h is attached.

lib/strtoimax.c has the following lines:

#ifdef UNSIGNED
# ifndef HAVE_DECL_STRTOULL
"this configure-time declaration test was not run"
# endif
# if !HAVE_DECL_STRTOULL && HAVE_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG_INT
unsigned long long int strtoull (char const *, char **, int);
# endif

So, when UNSIGNED is set (this is done in lib/strtoumax.c, which is
replaced by Autoconf) AND HAVE_DECL_STRTOULL is not set in config.h,
the build fails.  My patch to configure was to add the check for
HAVE_DECL_STRTOULL, but seems your config.h doesn't contain any lines
something like:

/* Define to 1 if you have the declaration of `strtoll', and to 0 if you
   don't. */
#define HAVE_DECL_STRTOLL 1

Therefore, I think you didn't apply my patch correctly.  I prepared a
new tarball (I don't want to release any more RCs):

http://people.debian.org/~mhatta/a2ps-4.14.tar.gz

Could you try this?  This tarabll contains my fix for non-GNU make.

> I forgot to mention one bit of good news -- 4.13 fails to compile
> right away with HP's compiler, so required gcc on this system.
> A2ps-4.14-rc1 is giving me (so far) the same behaviour with both
> compilers.

Well, I've never touched HP-UX, so I won't be able to fix this if I
don't have some access to it.

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Graduate School of Economics, The University of Tokyo