Re: [a2ps] Why unicode encoding is not supported?

From: Dr. Werner Fink
Subject: Re: [a2ps] Why unicode encoding is not supported?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 08:14:54 +0100

On 2023/03/21 23:00:31 -0300, Dedeco Balaco via Announcements and discussion
about GNU a2ps wrote:
> I discovered that, for a mistake I did, i was not subscribed to this
> list until 2h30mins ago (I had to make another subscription request).
> But my 2 previous messages were silently accepted in the list! But I did
> not receive an answers that talks about "paps" software. But I could not
> find this software. Who wrote this message: can you please send me a
> link about this software? I only found completely unrelated sites, about
> absurd things that are called "paps", for several kinds of acronyms, and
> are somewhat related to some software.
>
> And I would like to see comments about this subject (this thread's) made
> by a2ps developers, or people experienced in using it.

That would be https://github.com/dov/paps ... but note that even if fully
support of UTF-8 is given[1] ... many of the features of a2ps are missed
or not fully implemented, at least with the version 0.7.1 I use here.

Werner

[1] https://github.com/dov/paps/blob/master/misc/small-hello.png