acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] acl and attr install prefix issue

From: Yegor Yefremov
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] acl and attr install prefix issue
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:18:10 +0200

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Kamil Dudka <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2011 10:05:49 Yegor Yefremov wrote:
>> I've tried to add these packages to buildroot. Usually it is
>> sufficient just to rely on ./configure script, that configures all
>> install prefixes. But in the case of these two packages I had to
>> specify prefixes myself like this:
>>
>> ACL_INSTALL_STAGING_OPT = prefix=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr
>> exec_prefix=$(TARGET_DIR)/usr PKG_DEVLIB_DIR=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib
>> install-dev install-lib
>> ACL_INSTALL_TARGET_OPT = prefix=$(TARGET_DIR)/usr
>> exec_prefix=$(TARGET_DIR)/usr install install-lib
>>
>> otherwise the install script just used the default prefix /usr/
>
> I cannot confirm your observation.  The configure script works for me.  Please
> provide a standalone reproducer and the corresponding config.log.

It is very simple to reproduce the error:

1. get the latest Buildroot via git (http://buildroot.uclibc.org/git.html)
2. apply the patch for attr and acl
3. comment ACL_INSTALL_STAGING_OPT and ACL_INSTALL_TARGET_OPT (the
same for ATTR options)
4. select them and compile the stuff

>> Please see following discussion for details:
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/31321
>
> As far as I can see, there is no justification for the change above.

I think I know where the problem is. Other packages that are using
autotools, make installation depending on DESTDIR variable (for
example zlib->Makefile.in). Buildroots scripts set the value of this
variable depending on whether the files should be installed in staging
folder or target folder. This is not the case for attr or acl
packages, cause they both don't rely on this variable. What do you
think about it?

Yegor