acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] Moving attr(5) man page to man-pages

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] Moving attr(5) man page to man-pages
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:42:29 +0200

Michael,

> Hi Andreas,
> I'll move this page into Section 7, since that's where overview
> type pages such as this are normally placed in man-pages, but
> I'll also create a link in Section 5, so that acl(5) references
> will continue to work.

okay.

> I've made a number of edits to the page. Some of these were just
> to bring the page closer to man-pages style,

The \(em dashes don't render in terminals very well.

> but others were to amend incorrect technical details and add new
> details. I'd be pleased if you checked over these commits

Thanks, that all looks good.

In addition, I would remove the list of file systems with extended
attribute support; they are supported pretty much everywhere to some
degree at least, even on  tmpfs.

I'm attaching a patch that also includes a few other minor changes.

Thanks,
Andreas