acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] [RFC] Add attribute visibility("default") to API functio

From: Yury Usishchev
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] [RFC] Add attribute visibility("default") to API functions
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:52:03 +0300

Hello Mike!

Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> writes:
> i've merged the header cleanup

Thanks!

> for the visibility, shouldn't configure also add -fvisibility=hidden
> to CFLAGS ?

This sounds reasonable, but there are few ways to implement that.
We can either add

CFLAGS+=" -fvisibility=hidden"

to visibility_hidden.m4

or use AX_APPEND_COMPILE_FLAGS from Autoconf Archive
(http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_append_compile_flags.html#ax_append_compile_flags)
But in this case we will need to provide AX_REQUIRE_DEFINED,
AX_CHECK_COMPILE_FLAG, AX_APPEND_FLAG and
AX_APPEND_COMPILE_FLAGS.

Or maybe there is another way that I am unaware of :)

Do you have any suggestions on what way to choose?
I attached patch with first approach.

BR,
Yury Usishchev