acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] [RFC] Add attribute visibility("default") to API functio

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] [RFC] Add attribute visibility("default") to API functions
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:48:37 +0100

Yury,

> I prepared patch that uses sed when installing headers. I had to invent some
> magic to achieve that :)
> Also updated other files accordingly.
>
> Please review attached patch.

Very old versions of sed don't have an -i option.

We should create a temporary file in the build directory to better
cope with a full disk.

I don't like redefining INSTALL_HEADER very much; there's an
install-data-local hook intended for custom install rules.

Finally, when the source directory is not the same as the build
directory, we should not write to the source directory at all; the
source directory may be read-only (to see what I mean, do the
following in the pristine acl sources: "mkdir build; cd build;
../configure; make").

I'm attaching a patch on top of your patch that cleans these things
up. (This is still pretty ugly, but it seems to work now.)

Thanks,
Andreas