acl-devel

[Acl-devel] Find out whether there are any ACLs at all

From: R. Diez
Subject: [Acl-devel] Find out whether there are any ACLs at all
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 10:23:00 +0200

Hi there:

I want to write a shell script that tells me whether a particular directory has extended permissions (ACLs) at all.

Command 'ls' signals such extended permissions by appending a '+' character to the permissions. But parsing ls's output is not very clean.

I can remove all such extended permissions with:

  setfacl --remove-all <file>

But I could not find any option in getfacl to give me that information in an easy-to-parse way.

Thanks in advance,
  rdiez