acl-devel

Re: [Acl-devel] "Malformed access ACL" Issues with 2.2.53, 2.2.52 is fin

From: Andreas Grünbacher
Subject: Re: [Acl-devel] "Malformed access ACL" Issues with 2.2.53, 2.2.52 is fine
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 21:21:24 +0200

Am So., 14. Okt. 2018 um 14:38 Uhr schrieb Fabio Coatti
<address@hidden>:
> Hi all, I'm having an issue with 2.2.53 version of acl.
> Basically, with latest version acls it is not possible to set acl, I get this
> error back:
>
> > setfacl -m g:cova:rwx 53
>
> setfacl: 53: Malformed access ACL `group:cova:rwx,mask::rwx,other::r--':
> Missing or wrong entry at entry 1

The output of getfacl (just other::r--) is already invalid, but
getfacl relies on that the kernel gives it. I also cannot reproduce
locally.

What's the output of "getfattr -n system.posix_acl_access -e hex",
i.e., the raw acl value?
What patches does gentoo have applied, and if any, can you reproduce
with a stock getfacl?
Is this on a weird filesystem?

Thanks,
Andreas