ada-mode-users

Re: Unable to compile ada-mode

From: Colton Lewis
Subject: Re: Unable to compile ada-mode
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 04:39:23 +0000

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 6:27:09 PM CDT Stephen Leake wrote:
> > wisitoken.ads:80:04: instantiation error at
> > sal-gen_definite_doubly_linked_lists.adb:268
>
> same bug, in sal-gen_definite_doubly_linked_lists.adb
>
> > wisitoken.ads:80:04: instantiation error at
> > sal-gen_unbounded_definite_queues.ads:88
>
> instantiation of sal-gen_definite_doubly_linked_lists.adb
>
> > wisitoken.ads:80:04: access discriminant in return aggregate would be
> > a dangling reference
>
> duplicate report
>
> > wisi.ads:497:04: instantiation error at
> > sal-gen_unbounded_definite_red_black_trees.adb:308
>
> same bug, in sal-gen_unbounded_definite_red_black_trees.adb
>
> > wisi.ads:497:04: access discriminant in return aggregate would be a
> > dangling reference
>
> duplicate report

Maybe I am not understanding something. I get errors with these lines
whether I have ".all" or not at
sal-gen_unbouned_definite_red_black_trees.adb:308
and the other locations.

> >> This I don't understand
> >
> > gprbuild grabs the first C compiler it can find on the system.
>
> Ah.
>
> > I have clang installed, so it uses that as the C compiler. Clang
> > doesn't support a "-spec" argument.
>
> I gather gcc is not in user/bin, bug clang is?

Both are in /usr/bin, so they should have the same precedence in PATH.
Unknown why it grabs clang. Possibly because it is first alphabetically
or there is an unknown precedence list somewhere.

> > https://docs.adacore.com/gprbuild-docs/html/gprbuild_ug/companion_tools.html
> >
> > Might want to add
> > for Driver ("C") use "gcc";
> > somewhere.
>
> That seems reasonable. Does it fix this issue for you?

Yes, I added it under package Compiler; in wisi.gpr.gp and that fixed it.