[Adonthell-devel] Cross compiled Python!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Cross compiled Python!
Date: 15 Mar 2002 16:04:01 +0100

Just did it! I got Python 2.2 source and, after a 1 hour fight, finally
managed to get a libpython2.2.a and a python.exe.

Cross compiling this beast is a true pain however. I'll see if I can
automate the process and submit a patch to the Python developers.

Note that it doesn't mean Adonthell will run under Windows tomorrow - I
still wasn't able to test linking against it (am at univ now), but this
is another step forward. I'm much more confident than with the Cygwin
attempt, though.

Provided we can link, we should IMO provide the basic Python modules
files (.py) we use with the Windows binaries. That way, players won't
need to have Python installed to play (this would also be true for SDL).

See you soon for new Pythonish adventures!
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org