Re: [Adonthell-devel] New windows test

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New windows test
Date: 17 Mar 2002 11:18:30 +0100

> > This time all the libraries are included. It will still try to load an
> > image, but this time in the game format. That way I'll see whether it's
> > the PNM code that fails or not.
>
> Nope. It's obviously just a positioning problem.
>
> http://zhaymusic.com/crap/aiee.jpg

It's far from being ideal, but it's better than the PNM one at least: a
bit more than 1/4 of the image is loaded, but pixels are well ordered
this time, contrary to the PNM loading test.

> > It will try to output stuff about the image size. I say "try" because I
> > don't know where the standard output is outputed under windows.
>
> SDL programs create stdout.txt and stderr.txt. This is what your program
> output:
>
> Image size: 224 49

This is the right size of the image. These values have been well read,

Here's another test, with a bit more debug info that should appear in
the log file:
http://www.gnurou.org/test.tgz

Also, I've compiled the SDL programs test suite:
http://www.gnurou.org/sdltest.tgz

Would be nice if you could test them if you have time :)

You can test them all if you want, but the interesting ones are
testalpha, testbitmap and testsprite. If these ones works correctly
(images completely loaded and so on), that means there is something
wrong with my code.

Sorry for all this shit - it's just that I have to wait tomorrow to gain
(limited) access to a windows machine, so the more we can debug today,
the faster Adonthell will work under Windows! Once this test program
works, nothing should prevent the map engine test to compile & run.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org