Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Some map engine fresh meat!
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:04:57 +0100

On 30 Mar 2002 18:12:53 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> I managed to turn the walkability tests into "presence" tests, and
> just added a Z offset to the map engine. This means, Adonthell is now
> perfectly suitable for a Jump'n'run game! ;)

Wow! That is so totally cool! :) It's a bit rough yet (you can jump
through the platforms) but apart from that it seems to be working.

That'll will give plenty of opportunities to map makers and game
designers! Btw, you can even climb on trees! See the attached shot.

> One consequence of this gravity policy is that if there is no object
> to support a character, he'll fall forever. Have to keep that in mind
> when designing maps, and it could also be usefull in the game,
> provided he dies if it's altitude is too deep!

Yeah, we should make it like that.

Uh, I can't wait to see some proper map in place which demonstrates all
the new abilites, like bridges, platforms, not to forget walking in
water or high grass. :).