[Adonthell-devel] Schedule update step 1

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Schedule update step 1
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:18:01 +0200

The first step towards the schedule update has been completed. I just
finished backporting the new (v0.4) event system to v0.3. As usual, this
breaks your savegames and gamedata. So update both your code and data
CVS to check it out. Don't try to load old games; they won't work.

Now that the event system is in place, I can begin to rewrite the
schedules, to make use of time events and callbacks. That'll be a huge
speed improvements, as we won't have 14 schedules running 70 times per
second any more.

However, saving and loading character states will get a little more
complicated. I have to figure out how that can be handled conveniently.
Oh well, I'll come up with something as I go along. We can always
improve on it later on.

That's all for now. Hope I haven't forgot to commit everything.