Re: [Adonthell-devel] Weapons and ammo

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Weapons and ammo
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:01:34 +0100

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 13:58:51 -0600 (CST) Andrew Michael Phillips wrote:

> That would work. Another idea would be to have certain slots set aside
> for ammunition. That, at least, is the way that the Baldur's Gate and
> Icewind Dale games have handled ammunition.

Yeah, I have considered that as well. The only issue I see with this is
when switching between weapons that need different ammo. When switching
weapons, you'll also have to exchange ammo as well.

> One weakness of the auto-search auto-use method would be that the
> engine might use ammo that the player is holding in reserve.

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear on this. There would be no automatical
switching to differnt type of ammo. It had to be exactly the same. Of
course, if somebody wanted to save 10 ordinary arrows for some reason
and only use the rest, he'll have a problem too.

So maybe one or two special "quiver" slots would be the better idea
after all. Would also free some space in the inventory for other stuff.