[Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Mike Avery
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:31:58 -0700

I poured over the mailing lists yesterday to see how everything was coming
along.  I see that  the project has finally arrived to combat.

Is Adonthell at the point now where combat is a real goal?  I've tried to
work on Adonthell combat a couple of times at least, but ended up giving up.
>From your messages Kai, you're beginning to understand how simplicity and
elegance requires complexity in some situations, and more thought than can
be guessed at without being in the thick of it.

If you guys will have me, I'd like to help out now that the project seems
ready to address combat.

Kai, you were mentioning how important character and item traits are in
determining how to make strong and flexible rules for combat.  Completely
correct sir, and I must admit that I thought the project was not really
ready for combat when last I was around.  It is impossible to develop a good
sound mechanical process without knowing how many pieces you need to juggle,
or where/how to get the required information into a digestible chunk of data
which can be ground through mathematical clockwork.

If Adonthell has come now to looking at combat, receive your prodigal son!