Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item categories

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Item categories
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:22:57 -0400

Quoth Mike Avery (Tue 2003-05-06 08:02:29AM -0700):

> It seems from looking a the code, that implementation of items is in early
> stages, so I'd like to suggest a few things and ask a few questions.
>
> First, will the avatar be updated to reflect the type of item / weapon in
> hand?  This represents a good chunk of work for the artists, but everyone
> would agree that it would be cool.  There are fringe benefits as well which
> could effect how items are defined....  Think seeing your avatar wield a
> candlestick, or a pitchfork, or a pan if need be in a  fight.  That would be
> very cool indeed!

I really like your ideas, Mike. As a player, being able to use everyday items
as impromptu weapons would be awesome. As you point out, this would only work
in the game if the avatar represented this.

As long as the graphics people don't mind some extra work, I think that your
idea rocks!

--
Josh Glover <address@hidden>

Associate Systems Administrator
INCOGEN, Inc.
http://www.incogen.com/

GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967