Re: [Adonthell-devel] Redesign?

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Redesign?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:07:16 +0200

Hi Kai,

I fear I haven't understood everything from your mail. Can you give a short
example of what would work and what wouldn't on OSX? From your mail,
gfx::init would never return because it runs the apps main loop?

What seems weird is that SDL is supposed to make any decently written program
run on all the supported platforms. Maybe there are some weaknesses in the
OSX port? If this is the case, I'd rather look at fixing SDL - Sam Latinga is
never reluctant to include external patches. And I wonder whether your fix
would still work fine with Python programs, for instance.

Anyway, I'll be able to tell you my thoughts once I've clearly understood
what's wrong. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Let's take advantage of this mail to give news from my side: I'm working on
the new map system. I seem to finally have found a collision model that works
fine. So I should send Python prototypes soon.

All in all, there seem to be very little Adonthell activity these days. We
didn't have a meeting yet - maybe we could plan that later this year.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org