Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python tests not working anymore
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:42:55 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 14.01.04 um 00:12 Uhr schrieb Alexandre Courbot:

I've noticed that the python tests failed to run. Joel seems to have
experienced the same.

They all fail when it comes to load the backends and output:

Failed to load module /main/sdl: file not found
unknown error

I imagine the problem is located in the Makefile in src/main. If you look into src/gfx/ for example, you'll find all the sdl backend specific libs directly there. So they can be found when you specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the run.sh script. However, if you look into src/main/, you'll find the backend libraries sit in the .libs subdirectory. So when using the run.sh script, they cannot be found and you'll get the error you reported.

I haven't compared the Makefiles yet, but I am almost sure I just did a copy and paste, so I am not quite sure why there is a different behaviour. But the source of the problem should be located there.

Note that I'm compiling with a separate builddir. Kai, do you know what's
going on? I think you already talked about this issue, but fail to find
where.

see above. I had this problem before, but I didn't figure it out back then. Maybe the info above helps, though.