Re: [Adonthell-devel] Improved saving/loading suggestion

From: Julian Rüth
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Improved saving/loading suggestion
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:04:43 +0100

Hi!

I'm not really involved in Adonthell's development so perhaps I didn't
really get what you're talking about...
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:24, Kai Sterker wrote:
> That means, when reading a file, the cache class would read exactly the
> record that has been written to file, regardless of the engine version,
> since the size of the record is in the file. Next, it can do an
> integrity check by comparing the checksum. After all the stuff has been
> loaded, the actual object can request its fields from the cache.
You're already using a lot of Python code, don't you? What about using
python's (c)pickle module as it does exactly what you're describing (am
i wrong?). Though, it's perhaps a bit slow but it does also solve the
type checking issue you mentioned.

jule