Re: [Adonthell-devel] XML stuff, Win32 build, progress ...

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] XML stuff, Win32 build, progress ...
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:43:49 +0200

I can leave that to you (or Joel), if you want. But I think it would
be a good idea to seperate py_runtime from the rest of the SWIG stuff,
maybe by moving it into a runtime folder next to adonthell, like so

src
[-] py-wrappers
  [-] adonthell
  [-] runtime

That makes sense - actually, py_runtime hasn't anything to do with
wrapping, it's just a support library. (haven't touched it for so long
that we forgot what it was for :))

Because on win32, I think we'll have to link py_runtime already to
libs like adonthell_event and so on, which in turn are required for
the stuff in py-wrappers/adonthell. So I think it would be cleaner if
the runtime stuff would have it's own location.

That's also the case on Linux. Every time we use the main module in a
program, there are references all over the code, and py_runtime must
be included as well (I get that missed dependancy from adonthell_event
as well, when I change gfxtest to use the main class (see commented
lines).

Alex.
PS: don't forget to send to the list! ;)