[Adonthell-devel] Licensing issue

From: Joseph Toscano
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Licensing issue
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:39:11 -0400

Hi guys,

This is ZhayTee (Joseph Toscano), composer of the ogg files from Adonthell: Waste's Edge.

A certain person (the first person to ever be banned from the Debian bugtracker and the Debian mailing lists, incidentally) has been stirring up a controversy regarding my music in Adonthell and other GPLed projects.

Please note that I have now explicitly released the Waste's Edge ogg files under the GPL license which governs Waste's Edge. I had not done this explicitly before, and there was some confusion involved.

Please also note that I do not want you to have to change anything regarding the way you distribute or package your game. I wrote the music for Waste's Edge because I believe it is a worthwhile project, and I don't want to see it harmed for any reason!

The entire conversation regarding this issue can be viewed at the following URL:

http://alientrap.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1548

This person filed a rather accusatory bug report with the Debian bug tracking system under an assumed alias. I have replied to that thread, clarifying the issue. You can view the report at the following URL:

Hopefully nothing will be changed as a result of this rather unfortunate series of events. It was not my intention to cause any harm, and I hope you guys are doing well!

Talk to you soon,

--JT
http://zhaymusic.com/