Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell compilation report

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell compilation report
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:33:13 +0200

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hm ... this is a little odd, as the Python modules should be installed
> in the site-packages of your actual Python installation. Then they are
> found without any additional help of the user. I assume your Python
> installation is in /usr, not in /usr/local? Sounds like a problem with
> the build system, if it does not detect this correctly. You're using
> cmake, right?

It should be fixed. The problem was that everything got installed into
$PREFIX/.../site-packages. But Python is not necessarily installed in
$PREFIX. I now added a separate check for the Python site-packages
directory (via distutils.sysconfig.get_python_lib(0,0)) and everything
is installed directly to that directory.