[Adonthell-devel] Re: Back to the drawing board

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Back to the drawing board
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:29:38 +0200

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did the latter and have now
>
> * renamed animation to sprite
> * removed the animation cache in favor of the surface cache
> * allowed for animations that run only once

You'll find everything in CVS now, basically working just like before
with the exception of the character shadow, which is gone for now.

Since the changes have been pretty big, I've uploaded a new version of
the API: http://adonthell.berlios.de/api/

Based on that code, I can now go ahead and start with the second round
of changes. Improving the rendering and loading/saving of the map.

I am still a little bit undecided what to do with grouping of objects.
Unless I find a place at engine level where it fits well, I guess
it'll have to be a function in the map editor.

Again ... thoughts and ideas welcome.