[Adonthell-devel] Updates to build system

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Updates to build system
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 22:21:03 +0200

Today I've updated the convert_graphics script to extract the v0.3
character graphics as well. When I tried running it, I got an error
about undefined symbols in _main.so, however. I could have worked
around this by importing the world module (to provide the undefined
symbols), but why should I if the python script isn't even using it.

The only viable solution seemed to be compiling with -no-undefined, to
make sure that each library and module is linked at compile time with
all its dependencies. That way, problems at runtime should not come up
any longer. Needless to say that this required some shuffling around
with the order our libs are build. Most notable, py_runtime needs to
be build pretty early on, so I was forced to move it outside the
py-wrappers directory (as those need to be build last).

I tested everything on OSX for both the autotools and cmake build, but
tthere could still be issues on other architectures that I missed. So
please let me know if building fails with linker errors. Oh ... and
make sure to update with -dP to get the new py-runtime directory and
get rid of the now empty py-wrappers/runtime.