Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell File Format

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell File Format
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:01:30 +0200

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Klaus Blindert<address@hidden> wrote:

> One important question is the license. I would prefer to
> put the result under the LGPL. It's a library after all.
>
> That requires your permission, though.

AFAIK, LGPL allows non-(L)GPLd applications to (statically) link
against the code. Whereas you could link dynamically even to GPL code.
(?)

I personally don't see any problem with this, as any modifications to
the code must still be released under LGPL even then.

So go ahead and use those parts of the code that I have written. The
only file you might need that isn't written by me would be the
interface to zlib (in base/file.h|.cc). It's written by Alex, so you'd
probably need his okay too.

> Another part is that the API will change a little.
> But I'll come back with that once a useable package is done.

Might also go through the code and clean it up a bit. Memory
management is a bit odd, as it's copying chunks of memory instead of
just pointing to them.