[Adonthell-devel] Modeller v0.1

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Modeller v0.1
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 00:26:39 +0200

Just committed what is a first useable version of modeller. It's
probably only about 50% complete, but should be perfectly useable for
creating simple models, which should be the majority.

There are a number of missing features I'd like to implement. For the
near future, those are:

* Directly entering values for sprite offset, position and size.
* Handle for changing sprite offset
* Changing shape's z-position with mouse
* Better support for composite models
* Setting of solid-flag
* Setting of terrain type
* Setting of shadow sprite
* Copying shapes between animations of a sprite.

And (much) further down the road:

* "Advanced"-mode to change each individual point of a shape
* Additional view from top and side to get better feeling for all 3
dimensions of the model
* Zoom, to make aligning shapes and sprite easier

For now I'll document what I have so far on the Wiki (hopefully
tomorrow), then just use it to create some models for the upscaled
Waste's Edge gfx. That should probably bring up some more ideas on how
to increase comfort and ease of use. It'll also help decide which of
the missing features are essential and which can wait until somebody
has time to spare.

If you want to try it for yourself, make sure to pull the newest
engine from git as well, as it has some bugfixes and additions
required by modeller.

Comments and suggestions welcome!