[Adonthell-devel] Re: Next steps

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Next steps
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:00:06 +0200

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Things that range top of my mental todo list are the following:
>>
>> * At least another news item for the website, last one was like half a
>> year back.

Done.

> Modeller made some progress over the last three days.
>
> * Can now enter values directly instead of dragging the handles.
> * Models are now displayed next to coordinate axis.
> * All parts of composite models are rendered now (transparently).
>
> More might come on the weekend,

* Can change sprite offset (only by entering the numbers directly, though)
* Can toggle the solid flag of shapes
* Can copy shapes to other animations of the sprite

That makes modeller pretty much complete. Only thing I can think of
now is the "advanced editing mode", where you could edit individual
points of a shape to create sloped and other non-rectangular models.

There are also small improvements, like displaying appropriate
messages in the status bar, but those don't have very high priority
right now.

With that out of the way, I should probably concentrate on worldtest
and allow playing of different maps. That would mean we could continue
with creation of the Waste's Edge map and actually test it in-game.
However, for some reason I'm feeling like implementing questedit
first. A long long time ago I had already built the user interface,
but it was lost in a hardware change incident. I still have a pretty
good idea how it should look like, though. So I'll just go ahead and
recreate it. Might as well have another tool done before releasing our
tool package to the public. Besides, questedit will also be nice to
have for the Waste's Edge remake, although we could probably manage
without.