[Adonthell-devel] Loading/Saving characters ... somewhat broken

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Loading/Saving characters ... somewhat broken
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:26:58 +0200

Just committed my current loading/saving code of rpg::character. I
fear I've managed to break worldtest, so be aware of that when
updating.

Also note, to run worldtest, you will now have to pass the name of a
game to load. So the invocation will be

    worldtest -g ../../adonthell/test data

where 'data' will be the game name. As such, I've removed 'data' from
the paths inside of all models and gfx meta data. This is how it was
actually meant to be (and how the wastesedge gamedata is already set
up).

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug that crept in somewhere along
my changes. At one point, the controls where somehow inverted
(pressing right made the character walk left, etc ...), and now when
pressing any directional key, the character simply falls through the
ground. Will have to debug to figure out what went wrong.

I did have to commit, however, as I will be on the road for a while
and only have my work laptop with me. So checking stuff in seemed to
be the simplest way to get at the code when I have time to work on
stuff.

I'll keep you updated, but the plan is to continue with what I started
and move all hardcoded stuff from worldtest into appropriate data
files, so that we can use worldtest to run wastesedge (or what passes
for that, at the moment).