Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Scrolling

From: James Nash
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Scrolling
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:53:56 +0000

Hi Kai,

The Redwyne Inn graphics are still coming. Been busy with work-related things lately though which has slowed me down.

On the plus side I recently got a graphics tablet which will come in handy when making cutscene and concept gfx! :-)

  - James

On 21 Nov 2010 20:47, "Kai Sterker" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Next bit is actually...

Been busy reading Towers of Midnight lately, so no progress on stuff.
I'm finally through, however, so my focus will be back to wrapping up
the GUI bits. (Kind of surprising how long it took me to finish that
book. Really shows how little free time actually remains).

At least I've been able to contemplate about things and have a pretty
clear picture of what I want to do:

* scrollbars as a separate widget/class that can also be used to make
a progress indicator.
* specialized list layout for vertical or horizontal ordering of elements.
* a sprite widget (or the ability to use a sprite as widget background
instead of a plain image.

I guess that'll be enough to keep me entertained for the remainder of
this year. It also means that the widget stuff is pretty much complete
and can be finally put to use.

All in all, I'm fairly pleased with the overall progress that year.
Didn't get where we wanted to be, as a Waste's Edge re-release is
still a bit off, but we're slowly getting there. A lot that is left
now is polishing, bugfixing, graphics and finally putting all the
pieces together. We still have to do something about the character
sprites, but all the rest should be coming together eventually.

There's still work left to do for DB afterwards, but it should be
easier to do it with WE in place, especially when all the
worldbuilding can happen while work on the actual RPG system
(basically combat, magic, skills and such) is taking place. So it
seems we're focusing on the right things in what we do currently.

Anyway, there are still some weeks left, so lets see what might yet
happen before drawing a final resume of the past year. (Still hoping
for a complete set of Redwyne Inn gfx ;-))