[Adonthell-devel] Re: Scrolling

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Scrolling
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 21:31:18 +0100

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Just a brief update of what I'm up to. Don't want to commit yet, as
I'm still messing with the base widget and decoration classes.

> At least I've been able to contemplate about things and have a pretty
> clear picture of what I want to do:
>
> * scrollbars as a separate widget/class that can also be used to make
> a progress indicator.

Those are done and working.

> * specialized list layout for vertical or horizontal ordering of elements.

Not done, but should be the simplest of the three.

> * a sprite widget (or the ability to use a sprite as widget background
> instead of a plain image.

Started, but ran into a problem. What it will do once done, however,
is render any gfx::drawable. So it could be a sprite, or a mapview, or
any gui element.

But since the drawable is possibly dynamic, it cannot be copied to the
decoration cache, like background and border. And here's the issue: it
needs to be rendered over the background, but below the border. That's
not possible with border and background on the same cache surface.
Looks like I need to separate the border from the background, which is
something I first have to think about.

Hopefully, whatever I come up with can be implemented quickly without
much change to the rest of the widget code.