Re: [Adonthell-devel] Modeller and Connectors

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Modeller and Connectors
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 16:08:34 +0200

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mapedit is now loading the model meta data, although it's not doing a
> lot with it yet: only model descriptions are displayed as tooltip in
> the entity list. The next step will be to make use of tag and
> connectors for filtering the entity list.

Filtering for the entity list in general is implemented. Next bit will
be to actually implement filtering based on the connector data. Then
implement selecting the next entity in the list by pressing TAB. And
finally implement better auto-adjusting of the grid based on the
connector data.

I guess each of the three isn't much more than an evening's task, so
fitting it into my schedule shouldn't be too hard :-). If all three
are complete, we pretty much have achieved what's been proposed here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/adonthell-devel/2011-06/msg00003.html
Then it might be time to write some documentation and put mapedit to
some more use.

> Overall, I should have more time to spare now than the months before.
> So hopefully changes will come quicker and more regularly.

Actually spent a lot of that time on other things. Reading (A Dance
with Dragons, done; Reamde, halfway through) and gaming (Tales of
Monkey Island, well into 4th chapter (out of five)) to name a few.
Once I am done, more time should become available for Adonthell.
Motivation also plays a part, but after some time off that is growing
every day.