Re: [Adonthell-devel] stairs-back collision issue

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] stairs-back collision issue
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:52:46 +0200

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Chris Frey <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The reason for the issue is that moving::calculate_ground_pos()
>> appears to be wrong for the  stairs-back and stairs-right models,
>> while it appears to work correctly for the other two. Will attempt to
>> fix that tomorrow, as it's getting late today.

> Nice work! :-)

In the end it turned out to be such a small thing: the ground position
was not determined at the characters' center, but rather at its
north-western corner. So it was okay when walking up stairs in western
or northern direction, but east and south failed because we got a
wrong ground position and assumed we must be falling.

Fixed and pushed to the repository. Now the Redwyne Inn map
construction can continue ...