Re: [Adonthell-devel] Loading / Saving

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Loading / Saving
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:31:08 +0100

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> There is one major issue left to track down: if the character is not
> on z position 0 while saving, it will not be able to move after

Figured out what it was and fixed it: character position is stored
twice in the map data file: for one the actual integer coordinates
where the character object sits on the map, and second the actual
character position as a floating point value. But if after reloading
the two did not match (due to rounding), movement became impossible.
For now, I resorted to storing the same (integer) position twice.

Also noticed that the NPC schedule doesn't seem to run repeatedly
after the reload. It no longer walks around (more than once). Will
check that next.

Also, when initiating dialogue, there's now a SEGFAULT on exit,
somewhere in the surface_cacher. This appears to be regardless of