Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell Wiki needs a new home

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adonthell Wiki needs a new home
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 21:58:39 +0100

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

It appears that the Wiki can remain at berlios.de (but there's also a
Plan B for the case they really shut down). So no changes there for
now.

Seems the inevitable was only delayed. Now berlios.de is closing for good on April, 30th 2014:

  http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?forum_id=39220

So in anticipation of that, I have backed up the Wiki and restored it locally for now. Not quite sure what to do with it, but most likely I will move it to Sourceforge. I'm open to other suggestions, but at present it seems to be the most painless to me:

* no need for any special hosting with all the administration overhead that might bring with it
* we've already got the adonthell project on sourceforge, even if it wasn't used in ages
* setting stuff up there should be simple and straightforward: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installing_MediaWiki_on_SourceForge.net

As it will probably take a week or two before going ahead with this, there's plenty of time to discuss alternatives, if so desired.